With a legal career spanning three decades, Michael B. Scott specializes in real estate, business, computer software, estate planning, and brand and licensing law representing diverse businesses and individuals (nationally as well as internationally) in transactions, trial work, and dispute resolution. His clients include commercial and real estate developers and owners of shopping centers, industrial and warehouse properties, apartments, condos and single-family residences. He also represents alternative energy developers, contractors, and project managers.
Bar & Court Admissions
Trained as a trial attorney, Mr. Scott spent years in the courtroom trying all matter of business, corporate, real estate and estate planning disputes. With his vast trial experience and understanding of the litigation process, he provides effective strategies and superior legal advice and counsel that helps keep his clients out of court, resorting to litigation only as a last resort. Mr. Scott is also an expert witness, testifying in legal malpractice cases involving corporate acquisitions, computer licensing, and partnership formation.
A multiple award – winning “Super Lawyer,” Michael B. Scott is also listed in Martindale-Hubbell’s Bar Register of Pre-Eminent Lawyers who have earned the AV Peer Review Rating. This rating is reserved for those attorneys who have reached the height of professional excellence, skill and integrity.
Michael is actively involved in numerous civic and community organizations, including:
- Chair, Jewish Campus Life Committee
- Board Member, Koss Resource Advisory Board of Directors
- Board Member, Hirshberg Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- Executive Committee Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Executive Committee Member, ProVisors Century City VII
- Board Member, Chancellor’s Parent Advisory Board, University of Colorado, Boulder
- National Young Leadership Cabinet, Business and Professions Committee and Education Pillar Committee of the Los Angeles Jewish Federation in addition to acting as lay general counsel to the Federation
- Executive Committee of the Jewish National Fund, the Jewish Home for the Aging, Stephen S. Wise Long Range Planning Committee and Canyon Charter School Technology Committee and the New West Charter School Location and Legal Committees
- Vice Chair 2001 UJF General Campaign, past President of the Real Estate and Construction Division of the United Jewish Fund and UJF Board of Direcctors.
- Board Member of Kadima Herschel West Academy.
- Assistant Scoutmaster for Boy Scout Troop 400 in Pacific Palisades, California since 2003.
Early in his career, Michael and his partner, Michael J. Narvid, founded the Bradley Circle, a young professionals support group for then Mayor Tom Bradley.
Bar & Court Admissions
- California State Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Real Estate Section of the San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Real Estate and Business sections of the State Bar of California
- Federal Bar Association and the Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Lawyer Pilots Bar Association
- Super Lawyers
- Hastings College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1979; Co-Executive Editor, Comment/a Communications and Entertainment Law Journal
- University of Exeter in Devon, England, Jr. Year Abroad
- University of California at San Diego, B.A., History, 1977